As we bid farewell to another remarkable year, Inno reflects on its commitment to environmental stewardship and sustainable practices. Throughout the year, our focus remained on the mission to rejuvenate decimated forests in developing nations, delivering enduring support to the communities affected by the repercussions of climate change. In addition to aiding local populations, Inno continues its work in several key initiatives:
- Combating Climate Change and Preserving Biodiversity. Inno remains dedicated to fighting climate change and actively promoting biodiversity, recognizing the critical role these efforts play in safeguarding our planet’s future.
- Offsetting Wood Usage in Production. Inno persists in overcompensating for the use of wood in our manufacturing processes, a vital step toward responsible resource management.
- Keeping our commitment to environmental responsibility by aligning production and processes to the ISO 14001:2015 standards.
- Carbon Footprint Neutrality: Inno remains resolute in offsetting its own carbon footprint, acknowledging the importance of accountability in minimizing environmental impact.
Reflecting on the strides made in 2023:
- Expanding Reforestation Efforts. This year, Inno contributed to the growth of 75 hectares of devastated forest in Volaita, Ethiopia, continuing our previous accomplishments.
- Tree Planting with Purpose. For every Inno Interior wooden product sold in 2023, approximately 19 trees will be regrown through FMNR methods (Farmer managed natural regeneration)
- Cumulative Impact. Over the past several years, Inno has successfully cultivated a total of 300 hectares of forest, anticipated to sequester an average of 3,200 tons of carbon dioxide annually.
- Certified and Renewable. Inno continues to use only certified wood in its production, coupled with the use of renewable energy.
As we navigate the challenges and goals of the coming year, Inno remains committed to sustainable development and making a positive impact on the planet. Thank you for joining us on this journey towards a greener and more sustainable future.
Would you like to know more about this project or the many benefits it has for local communities and nature? Read our previous post: Towards a brighter future.